Located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, Will Rogers World Airport (KOKC) caters to domestic and commercial carriers as well as some general aviation flights. As the airport lies within class C airspace, it is an excellent choice for general and commercial aviation operations. It handles a moderate amount of air traffic on a daily basis and offers travelers many amenities throughout its commercial terminal and FBOs.
Bottom Line Up Front
Long story short, Will Rogers World Airport is an excellent choice for travelers coming in and out of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. For commercial airline passengers, it offers many amenities within the main terminal, as well as multiple airlines to travel with. Many customers report that the friendly staff of Will Rogers World Airport makes it a favorite for their travel needs in the area. Additionally, general aviation pilots report good experiences with the FBO, AAR Air Services, on the field.
Pilots report friendly and timely attention from staff, as well as reasonable fuel prices. Student pilots considering flying into KOKC should note that as it caters to commercial airlines as well as general aviation, they may experience a fast-paced environment and consistent communication with Air Traffic Control.
Important Information for Pilots Flying Out of or Into Will Rogers Airport
- Numerous bird activity is frequently reported on and near the airport.
- Taxiways H2 and G East of taxiway H are closed indefinitely.
- There are two FBOs on the field, AAR Aircraft Services, and Atlantic Aviation. Both offer 100 LL and Jet A fuel options.
Important Information for Airline Passengers Flying Out of or Into Will Rogers Airport
- Will Rogers World Airport advises passengers to arrive a minimum of two hours prior to their flight’s departure time.
- Be sure to check out Jet Sets at Will Rogers Airport. This music program livens up the terminal with live music at scheduled times.
- Travelers should consider getting their shoes shined by Harold Smith near Gate 12. He has been shining shoes at Will Rogers World Airport for over 20 years. His shoe-shining business is open from 5 am to 5 pm on weekdays.
Airport Information for Will Rogers World Airport
- ICAO Identifier: KOKC
- Latitude/ Longitude: 35° 23′ 35.1″ N, 97° 36′ 2.7″ W
- Location: Located six miles Southwest of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- 9,803 x 150 feet
- Good Concrete
- 9,801 x 150 feet
- Good Concrete
- 7,800x 150 feet
- Concrete in fair condition
- 3,078 x 75ft.
- Asphalt in good condition, with no surface treatment
- Elevation: 1295.8 Feet
- Control Tower Hours: Operated 24 Hours Per Day
- Beacon: White-green lights as it is a lighted land airport
- Fees: Hangar, Tie Down, Landing, and Others
- Time zone: CST (UTC -0600)
- Customs: Airport of entry with international landing rights.
- Fuel available on the field: Full-service 100LL, Jet-A, and Jet-A-Premix/ Prist
- ARTCC: FORT WORTH CENTER
- FSS: MCALESTER FSS
- ROGERS Ground: 121.9, 348.6
- ROGERS Tower: 119.35, 269.45, 120.25
- OKE CITY Approach: 120.45 ;081-170, 124.2 ;001-080, 124.6 ;171-360, 266.8 ;171-360, 288.325 ;081-170, 336.4 ;001-080, 118.95 263.075
- OKE CITY Departure: 120.45 ;081-170, 124.2 ;001-080, 124.6 ;171-360, 266.8 ;171-360, 288.325 ;081-170, 336.4 ;001-080, 118.95 263.075
- Clearance Delivery: 124.35
- Pre-Taxi Clearance: 124.35
- FINAL APCH: 119.3. 381.45
- ATIS: 125.85
- ASOS: 405-686-4722 Rogers
- ROGERS Clearance Delivery: 124.35
- ROGERS Ground: 121.9
- ROGERS Tower: 119.35
- OKE CITY Approach/Departure: 124.2/124.6
Statistics for Will Rogers World Airport
Aircraft based on filed: 77
- 6 are single-engine airplanes
- 21 are multiengine airplanes
- 28 Jet aircraft
- 9 Helicopters
- 13 Military Aircraft
Aircraft Operations per Day: 287 per day
- 42% are commercial operations.
- 34% are military operations.
- 15% are transient general aviation operations.
- 9% air taxi operations.
- Less than 1% are local general aviation operations.
These statistics are based off of a 12-month survey period which ended on March 31st, 2022, per Airnav.com.
Instrument Procedure Equipped Alternate Airports Near KOKC
When planning for a cross-country flight, selecting potential alternate airports before taking off is a great idea. There are multiple airports within the general vicinity of Will Rogers World Airport which are equipped with instrument procedures. They are:
- KPWA- Wiley Post Airport- 9NM North
- KOUN- University of Oklahoma Westheimer Airport- 11 NM Southeast
- KRCE- Clarence E Page Municipal Airport- 12 NM Northwest
- KHSD- Sundance Airport- 14NM North
Experience Reviews of KOKC by Pilots
Jeffrey P. reviewed KOKC on AOPA destinations and stated:
“Great value and most affordable prices on the field. They had our rental car pulled up and A/C on before ending shut down. Friendly staff with helpful recommendations and got us our on departure morning quickly and with a smile. Will use AAR for all future OKC stops.”
Darrin C. stated on AOPA destinations:
“Came to OKC on a very short business meeting with a Colleague. AAR handled my C182 like it was a G5. Parked us right in front and when the wind picked up, tied it down until we came back. When I arrived they had it fueled as I had asked, gave us a ride to the rental car counter and picked us up at the rental car counter. I will use them again if I ever find myself in OKC. Thanks for the supurb service…”
Research shows that most pilots prefer AAR Aircraft services, with positive reviews highlighting the friendly service and affordable prices. While AAR tends to be the favorite for general aviation pilots, Atlantic Aviation has received mixed reviews. Check out the one below from Chad S, who posted on AOPA destinations:
“Caitlyn delivered awesome customer service. I arrived in my tiger only to find out they didn’t have tie downs, but she did everything to help make it right, and my tiger got to rub elbows in the hangar with biz-jets for a week. Issues happen, its all in how you deal with them. She definitely knows how to deliver great customer service. Thanks Atlantic OKCand Caitlyn!”
In contrast, Andrew M. on AirNav explains his issues with the FBO:
“Says they will honor CAA fuel pricing. They are not a CAA FBO avoid this FBO at all cost. They cost my operation an extra 1000.00 on two occasions and were not willing to rectify. Staff was nice and pleasant to discuss with but refused to rectify the problem. Awaiting a call From the GM and or regional managers.
Please let all your fellow operators know of this situation. In my 25 years of flying I have never run into this level of distrust. Even after showing the CSRs the posted CAA price for the nearest airport and they said they would honor it, after uploading the fuel, the price was not honored.”
Overall, it seems the safest bet for a positive FBO experience at Will Rogers World Airport is to taxi up to AAR Aircraft Services. AirNav lists the FBOs services and amenities to include the following:
- No Ramp Fees
- No Minimum Fuel Purchase
- No Extra Fees
- Military Support – DLA Energy Contract Location
- Courtesy Vehicles
- Pilot’s Lounge, Snooze Room, Gym & Showers Available
- De-Icing Capabilities
- Aircraft Maintenance
- Oxygen/Nitrogen Service
- Charter Support
Experience Reviews of Will Rogers World Airport by Commercial Airline Passengers
Overall, passenger reviews for Will Rogers World Airport are positive. Travelers often cite the cleanliness of the terminal as well as the friendliness of the staff. The primary complaint stems from long walking distances and slow baggage claim times.
Milan Thapa from Google reviews states:
“Pretty neat airport with pretty much everything you need. Clean and well kept small airport which is growing. Good selection of food and lots of seating area. Nice view if you are waiting for a flight. TSA might get busy during regular hours, you might want to check in early for that. Overall a great airport, I hope they get more cities added in the future.”
Laura McGraw from Google reviews says:
“This airport is spacious and pretty, but the past 10 times I’ve flown into this airport, I’ve waited on average 40 minutes for my luggage. Seriously. No exaggeration. Hundreds of people are huddled around the carousel waiting just for their baggage. It’s every airline too. After a long day of traveling I think everyone would rather just go unload the baggage themselves. And the design is so stupid. If you have American Airlines or United you have to walk half a mile just to get to the security checkpoint and then you half to walk 3/4 a mile to get back to where the American Airlines and United gates are. It’s so ridiculous. Again, it’s spacious and pretty but that’s about it.”
Dustin Barrett from Google reviews states:
“A very quaint airport. Maybe a little undersized, they could use an expansion. All in all, it’s clean and the staff seems friendly. Very easy to get picked up or dropped off.”
Best Oklahoma City Attractions for Once You Land
- For pilots or aviation enthusiasts- The Ninety-Nines Museum of Women Pilots
- Located at 4300 Amelia Earhart Ln Drive, Oklahoma City, OK 73159
- The Ninety-Nines hold a revered place in aviation history. As one of the first institutions created to unite female pilots, this museum educates visitors on the organization’s formation, global impacts, and its famous members. To this day, the Ninety-Nines strive to aid aviation advancement and provide scholarships, educational programs, and support for aviators.
- For the Kids- Blue Zoo Aquarium
- Located at 2501 Memorial Rd. Oklahoma City, OK.
- This aquarium rises above others with its interactive opportunities that offer guests an up-close experience with marine life.
- For couples- Bricktown Water Taxi
- Located at 111 S. Mickey Mantle Drive, Oklahoma City, Ok.
- This water taxi offers transportation along with narrated history lessons through the entertainment district of Oklahoma City.
Top Hotel Options Near Will Rogers Airport
- Best for Families: Hilton Garden Inn Oklahoma City Airport
- Located at 801 S. Meridian Ave. Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Best for overnights: Radisson Hotel OKV Airport
- Located at 4716 West I-40 Service Rd. Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Best for Business trips: Four Points by Sheraton Oklahoma Airport
- Located at 4708 West I-40 Service Rd. Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Best budget choice: Best Western Saddleback Inn-
- Located at 4300 SW 3rd St., Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Best extended stay option: Embassy Suites by Hilton Oklahoma City Will Rogers Airport
- Located at 1815 S. Meridian Ave. Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Car Rental Options Located at Will Rogers World Airport
Will Rogers World Airport offers a few different transportation options to its travelers. In addition to public transportation buses, taxis, hotel shuttles, and rideshare companies, rental cars are available at a satellite location near the terminal. The following companies rent cars from Will Rogers World Airport:
- Dollar Rent a Car
- Thrifty Car Rental
The satellite rental car location can be found at:
- 5201 S. Meridian Avenue, Oklahoma City, OK
To access these rental car companies from the airport, customers should take the appropriate bus from the terminal to the rental facility. It is estimated the trip only takes three to four minutes.
Question: Which Airlines Operate at Will Rogers World Airport?
Answer: Eight airlines have operations at Will Rogers Airport. They range from budget airlines to legacy carriers.
– Alaska Airlines
– Allegiant Airlines
– American Airlines
– Breeze Airlines
– Delta Airlines
– Frontier Airlines
– Southwest Airlines
– United Airlines
Question: Does Will Rogers World Airport Offer Accessible Parking Options?
Answer: Yes! Will Rogers World Airport offers accessible parking options throughout all of its parking facilities. They are clearly marked as designated accessible parking spaces and are often closer to the entrance of the building for the on-site parking garage. Designated accessible parking spots are also available at Shuttle Lots 1, 2, and 3.
These include van-accessible spaces and are located near shuttle bus pick-up spots. Travelers should note that some accessible parking can be reserved via phone at the airports Premium parking lot.
Question: Are there wheelchairs available at Will Rogers World Airport?
Answer: Yes! Wheelchair assistance is available with reservation through MedRide at Will Rogers World Airport.
Visit Oklahoma City with Will Rogers World Airport
With glowing reviews for its cleanliness and friendly staff, Will Rogers World Airport is an excellent choice for travelers to enter to exit Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Those who choose to travel on commercial airlines as passengers will get to enjoy all that the Will Rogers World Airport terminal airport has to offer.
This includes many restaurants, shops, and occasionally live music. All of which are situated within a clean, well-managed environment. Pilots who choose to fly their own aircraft into KOKC will most likely be delighted with the reasonable fuel prices and accommodating staff of AAR Aircraft Services or Atlantic Aviation FBOs. No matter how you choose to venture to Will Rogers World Airport, blue skies, and tailwinds for your next flight!
Looking for More Airport Guides? Check Out These Articles for Further Reading!
- The Eastern Iowa Airport: (Formerly Cedar Rapids) Airport Guide
- Little Rock Airport Guide
- El Paso Airport Guide
- RDU Airport Guide – All About the Raleigh-Durham International Airport
- AirNav- KOKC
- AOPA Destinations- (KOKC) Will Rogers World Airport
- Fly OKC- Will Rogers World Airport Website