Bill and Hillary Clinton National Airport (Little Rock) Guide
The Bill and Hillary Clinton National Airport or Little Rock Airport reside two miles East of Little Rock, Arkansas. It is also known colloquially as Adams field. It serves as an airport and gateway to entertainment and events in Little Rock and the surrounding area. With an average of 168 flights per day, this class-C airport is an excellent option for airline patrons, commercial operations, and general aviation pilots. Compared to the neighboring North Little Rock Municipal Airport, Clinton Nation Airport offers larger aircraft and commercial airline operations services.
General Aviation pilots wishing to fly into Clinton National Airport should be aware that they may encounter commercial operations within the class C airspace. It is beneficial for less experienced pilots to note the fast-paced environment and potential traffic volume present and to plan accordingly.
As it features only 12 gates, Clinton National Airport is relatively small for a commercial airline airport. As such, it is an excellent choice for a less crowded and less hectic commercial airport and offers a shorter commute from check-in to the gate.
Bottom Line Up Front
No matter why you visit Little Rock, Arkansas, the Bill and Hillary Clinton National Airport is an excellent airport choice for your arrival and subsequent departure. For commercial airline passengers, it offers a minimal distance to walk from check-in to departure gates and multiple dining options. For those participating in general aviation, it provides, within a controlled environment, various runways and multiple FBOs for expedited service.
Flight Considerations for Pilots Flying into Clinton National Airport
1. Flight training and aircraft rentals are offered on the airfield through Central Flying Service.
2. Two FBOs are located on the field that offers both Jet-A and 100LL Fuel. They are:
- Signature Flight Support
- Atlantic Aviation
3. North Little Rock Airport (KORK) is located only 6 miles North Northwest of Clinton National Airport and features similar runway configurations. Pilots new to the area should double-check when identifying the airfield.
4. Multiple maintenance shops are prepared to handle even extensive maintenance issues on the field should the need arise.
5. A large concentration of birds is known to be active in the vicinity of the airport, specifically up to 1500 feet MSL.
Commercial Airline Passenger Tips For Clinton National Airport
1. Free WiFi is available throughout the airport at a rate of 150 megabits per second by the device. If customers wish to connect to this free service, the “LIT Free WiFi” network must be selected, and the terms and conditions must be accepted.
2. Due to its small size, the single concourse is within walking distance, with no trains, trams, or remote terminals.
3. Clinton National Airport is a TSA PreCheck enrollment center. The enrollment center is located on the 3rd floor of the terminal, and walk-ins are welcomed.
4. Clinton National Airport is equipped with a Nursing room, a designated smoking area, family restrooms, and a pet relief area.
5. The baggage claim area for arrivals is located on the lower level of the airport terminal. Each carousel has a dedicated airline as follows:
- Carousel 1- Frontier Airlines and Allegiant Airlines
- Carousel 2- United Airlines
- Carousel 3- American Airlines
- Carousel 4- Delta Airlines
- Carousel 5- Southwest Airlines
Clinton National Airport Information
Bill and Hillary Clinton National Airport is known as KLIT (ICAO), LIT (IATA), and Adams Field. It is a joint military-civil airport operated through the Little Rock Municipal Airport Commission. Clinton National Airport is classified as a small-hub primary service facility by the FAA’s National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems.
It was initially named Adams Field in honor of Captain George Geyer Adams, who served in the 154th Observation squadron of the Arkansas National Guard and perished in the line of duty in 1937. In 2012, the airport was renamed by the municipal airport commission to honor Arkansas native former President Bill Clinton and his wife.
The airfield’s original name, Adams Field, remains applicable within flight operations and communications with Air Traffic Control.
- ICAO Identifier: KLIT
- Latitude/ Longitude: 34° 43′ 46.0″ N, 92° 13′ 29.2″ W estimated
- Location: 2 miles East of Little Rock, AR
8,273 x 150 feet
8,251 x 150 feet
6,224 x 150 feet
- Elevation: 266 Feet
- Control Tower Hours: 24 Hours
- Beacon: white-green lighted land airport
- Fees: Multiple based upon chosen FBO
- Time zone: Central, CDT (UTC -0500)
- Customs: Airport of entry with international landing rights
- Fuel available on the field: 100LL and Jet-A
- ARTCC: Memphis (ZME)
- FSS: Jonesboro (JBR)
- ATIS: 125.65
- ASOS: 501-376-0247
- Clearance Delivery: 118.95
- Adams Ground: 121.9
- Adams Tower: 118.7
- Little Rock Approach/Departure: 119.5
- Adams UNICOM: 122.95
Procedure for Arrivals at Clinton National Airport
As pilots anticipate entering Clinton National Airport’s airspace, pilots should consider the following:
- Check for any active NOTAMs pertaining to the airport area and route of flight.
- Verify you have the current weather information for Clinton National Airport. If radio transmission permits, the ATIS frequency, 125.65, should be checked before entering the class C airspace.
- As Bill and Hillary Clinton National Airport is a controlled airport, it will be required for pilots to abide by the directives given by Air Traffic Control, safety permitting. Pilots flying within the airspace should be able to converse with ground, tower, and approach ATC controllers.
Clinton National Airport Statistic Breakdown
Aircraft Which are Based on the Field
- Singe engine- 38 aircraft
- Multi-engine- 34 aircraft
- Jet- 49 aircraft
- Helicopters- 4 aircraft
Aircraft Operations on the Field Per Day as of February 2021, From AirNav.com
- 168 average per day
- 25 % commercial
- 13% air taxi
- 41% general aviation
- 17% military
Good Alternate Airport Options in the Vicinity
If you are looking for an alternate airport near KLIT for your flight planning purposes, here are some options in the vicinity that are equipped with instrument procedures:
- North Little Rock Municipal Airport- KORK- 6 nm North
- Saline County Regional Airport- KSUZ- 15nm Southwest
- Conway Regional Airport- KCXW- 24nm Northwest
- Sheridan-Grant County Regional Airport- 9M8- 25nm South
Reviews of Clinton National Airport by Pilots
From AOPA Destinations, Gerald G says
“FLY ARKANSAS FBO is the most convenient (to rwy 04L) and has great facilities. Stopped there several times – always met quickly for parking guidance by line crew, quickly took and executed service orders. Lower fees for stopping and other services. Handy crew cars are available for short trips (I used one to pick up an arriving airline passenger). Family-owned and operated with a great team. I’ll always stop here.”
From AOPA Destinations, William M. states
“Supermarine has a great new facility with everything you need. Hangar, rental car, pilots lounge, etc. Fuel is cheaper than other FBOs. Nice line staff. Had a great overnight trip through there. Highly recommend. At the south end of the field just west of rwy 36.”
Overall, reviews indicate that Clinton National Airport welcomes general aviation pilots and their operations into the airfield. Pilots should expect fees to be associated with FBO services on the field.
Reviews of Clinton National Airport by Commercial Airline Passengers
Alan Harlow from Google Reviews has Stated
“Low-key, low-stress, clean, simple, uncomplicated, medium size airport. This was my first trip to Little Rock and its airport in many years. This was a quick, one-day, one-night visit. I arrived on American Airlines from DFW early afternoon and departed on American Airlines to Charlotte (CLT) early the following day. Although my visit was quick, I observed the airport facilities as well maintained, friendly, and very clean.
The TSA security screening was very easy and efficient. The TSA Agents were very helpful and pleasant. The airport facility includes numerous restaurants and shopping options. Due to my limited time, I, unfortunately, wasn’t able to experience many of the airport’s amenities. My hotel provided transportation to/from the airport. Therefore I don’t have any knowledge of the parking facilities. My overall impression of LIT is very favorable! The uncomplicated facilities are very easy to navigate. If you’re travels take you to Little Rock’s Bill and Hillary Clinton National Airport, be prepared for a laid-back, simple, convenient airport experience!! Safe Travels!”
Anderson England from Google Reviews States
“Great national airport because it is easy to drive up close, check-in is quick, and the wait time at security was only a few minutes. The employees of the airlines and the airport are friendly. There are only a few options for food and shopping, but you do not have to spend a lot of time in this airport due to its small size and lack of crowds. There is no train or subway into the city.”
Overall, reviews indicate that while the airport offers few dining or shopping areas, it is expedited in its security line and travel times within the terminal.
Best Little Rock Attractions
Little Rock offers visitors a wide array of entertainment options. Lets take a look at some of the best Little Rock has to offer:
For Pilots: Arkansas Aerospace Education Center
Located at: 3301 East Roosevelt Rd. Little Rock, Arkansas 72206
Serving as an educational hub for aerospace information in Arkansas, the AEC houses an IMAX theater as well as the Jay Miller Collection of aerospace materials.
For Families: Museum of Discovery
Located at: 500 President Clinton Ave, Little Rock, AR 72201-1756
This family-friendly museum features exhibits about tesla coils, natural science, and more! As it features plenty of interactive learning exhibits, it is an excellent option for kids!
For History Aficionados: Clinton Presidential Center
Located at: 1200 President Clinton Ave, Little Rock, AR 72201
This is the official Presidential Library and museum for William J. Clinton. As such, it features displays of items pertinent to his time as president and rotating exhibits.
For Nature Lovers: Pinnacle Mountain State Park
Located at: 11901 Pinnacle Valley Rd, Little Rock, AR 72223-5173
Pinnacle Mountain State Park is known for its spectacular views, hiking opportunities, and educational visitors center.
For Nightlife: River Market District
Located around: E. Markham St., Little Rock, AR 72201-1638
This part of Little Rock offers entertainment in the form of live music, food stalls, farmers’ markets, water views, and gardens.
Top Hotels in the Vicinity of Clinton National Airport
Whether you fly in for a vacation, a business trip, or just a short stay, here are some of the best hotels near the airport:
Best for an Overnight: Comfort Inn and Suites Airport
Located: 0.5 miles from KLIT at 4301 E Roosevelt Rd, Little Rock, AR 72206
Best for a Romantic Getaway: Capital Hotel
Located: 3.1 miles from KLIT at 111 W Markham St, Little Rock, AR 72201
Best for Business Trips: Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Little Rock Airport
Located: 0.7 miles from KLIT at 4201 E Roosevelt Rd, Little Rock, AR 72206
Best for Families: Holiday Inn Little Rock Airport an IHG Hotel
Located: 1.1 miles from KLIT at 3201 Bankhead Dr, Little Rock, AR 72206
Car Rental Options Located at Clinton National Airport
There are a few options when it comes to car rental companies located at Clinton National Airport. They are:
- Dollar Rent-a-car
- Thrifty Car Rental
Question: What food and drink vendors are available at Clinton National Airport?
Answer: Clinton National Airport offers a limited section of dining options.
– Starbucks (One pre-security and one located in the concourse)
– Burger King
Question: Does Clinton National Airport offer a pet relief area?
Answer: Yes! Clinton National Airport offers a pet relief area within the concourse, across from the TSA station.
Question: How many gates does Clinton National Airport have?
Answer: Clinton National Airport hosts 12 gates for arrivals and departures.
Explore Little Rock Via Clinton National Airport
Bill and Hillary Clinton National Airport offers an excellent location for the aviation needs of both general aviation and commercial jet operations. It also provides multiple mechanic shops, a flight school, and aircraft rentals on-site. Due to its minimal terminal size, KLIT is often portrayed as a less hectic terminal through which to commute for commercial airline passengers.
In addition, general aviation pilots report positive experiences with the FBOs on the airfield. Clinton National Airport serves as an excellent gateway to Little Rock, Arkansas. No matter which airport you choose, I wish you blue skies and tailwinds for your next flight!
Want More? Take a look at the articles listed below!
- 12 Best Places to Fly: Airports and Destinations for Pilots
- Spokane Airport Guide
- Dallas Love Field Airport Guide
- Santa Barbara Airport Guide
- El Paso Airport Guide
- AirNav- Bill and Hillary Clinton National Airport/ Adams Field
- AOPA Destinations- (KLIT) Bill and Hillary Clinton National Airport/ Adams Field
- Bill and Hillary Clinton National Airport Website